Built in the 1850’s Loughcrew House was designed by Charles Robert Cockerell. The original House was built and burnt down on 3 separate occasions, the final fire taking place in 1964, with the current inhabited part of the house renovated from the original adjoining heating rooms for the orangery. The house sits on 200 acres of parkland and within a valley below the Loughcrew Cairns.
There are many beautiful walks on the grounds, private garden, and a private tennis court, and the house can be rented in its entirety for long weekends and week long breaks.
Loughcrew House & Gardens are part of the Boyne Valley Garden Trail.