Please adhere to the advice from Ireland’s Health Service Executive (HSE) to help slow the spread of Covid-19. Please read the guidelines on the HSE website (www.hse.ie) to learn how to protect yourself and others, practice social distancing and the importance of regular hand washing.
- Ireland is moving from a short-term emergency response approach to a medium-term approach to managing risk and repairing the damage that COVID-19 has inflicted on society.
- County Louth is currently at Level 5 of the Plan for Living with COVID-19. More information on Level 5 can be found here.
- At Level 5, the public health risk means that you will be asked to stay at home, except for travel for work, education or other essential purposes, or to take exercise within 5km of home. There will be no gatherings other than small numbers at funerals and weddings.
- Museums, galleries and other cultural attractions — All venues closed. Online services available.
- Bars, cafés and restaurants (including hotel restaurants and bars) — Take away food and delivery only.
- Hotels and accomodation — Open only for essential non-social and non-tourist purposes.
- The latest information, advice and guidelines are published on www.gov.ie and are updated daily.
VisitLouth.ie and Drogheda.ie website listings
Under the current circumstances, it is advised that you check the listings own website page for their most up to date & current information available.
Travel and Public Transport
- For the latest information on travel to Ireland, please check the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website here
- For travel within Ireland, please check with the individual service provider or visit the Transport For Ireland website here or their dedicated Covid-19 page.
- If you’re concerned about how the Covid-19 situation could affect your travel plans, we recommend that you check with your airline, tour operator, transport and accommodation providers.
- For the safety of everyone, please exercise social distancing and follow the guidelines as set out by the Government of Ireland.
Tourism Industry Partners
Covid-19 Grants/Incentives/Supports Available to Businesses
Local Enterprise Office,
Town Hall, Crowe Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth
Tel No: 1890 202 303
ReStart Grant Plus: details and application forms are available online at: https://www.louthcoco.ie/en/covid-19/business-re-start-grant/
Updated information on the range of Covid-19 business supports is available at: https://www.localenterprise.ie/response
Applications for LEO business supports should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Economic Development Unit,
Louth County Council, Town Hall, Crowe Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth
Tel No: 1890 202 303
Shop Front Improvement Grant Scheme: details and application forms are available online here.
Applications can be emailed to: email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications was 5pm on Friday 20th November, 2020.
Failte Ireland Covid-19 Business Support Hub
Details of supports available to the Tourism Sector including financial recovery, business liquidity, operational management guidelines along with practical tips, checklists and a series of videos to help businesses move from its current ‘closed’ position to active trading is available online at: https://covid19.failteireland.ie/
Fáilte Ireland Tourism Business Continuity Scheme:
The first phase of the €55million Tourism Business Continuity Scheme is now open for applications to businesses who meet the eligibility criteria including:
Full information on the scheme including guidelines, FAQs and how to apply can be found at the following link https://www.failteireland.ie/Identify-Available-Funding/Tourism-Business-Continuity-Scheme.aspx.
Tel No: 01-7272088
Details of supports available including Covid-19 Business Financial Planning Grant, Sustaining Enterprise Fund & Sustaining Enterprise Fund for Small Enterprises are available online at: https://globalambition.ie/covid-19/
For any queries you may have, email the Business Response Unit at: