Please adhere to the advice from Ireland’s Health Service Executive (HSE) to help slow the spread of Covid-19. Please read the guidelines on the HSE website (www.hse.ie) to learn how to protect yourself and others, practice social distancing and the importance of regular hand washing.
- Ireland is moving from a short-term emergency response approach to a medium-term approach to managing risk and repairing the damage that COVID-19 has inflicted on society.
- County Louth is currently at Level 3 of the Plan for Living with COVID-19. More information on Level 3 can be found here, or at the following links:
- Quick Guide to Christmas Changes
- Measures in place from 1 December
- Measures in place from 18 December
- The latest information, advice and guidelines are published on www.gov.ie and are updated daily.
VisitLouth.ie or Drogheda.ie website listings
Under the current circumstances, it is advised that you check the listings own website page for their most up to date & current information available.
Travel and Public Transport
- For the latest information on travel to Ireland, please check the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website here
- For travel within Ireland, please check with the individual service provider or visit the Transport For Ireland website here or their dedicated Covid-19 page.
- If you’re concerned about how the Covid-19 situation could affect your travel plans, we recommend that you check with your airline, tour operator, transport and accommodation providers.
- For the safety of everyone, please exercise social distancing and follow the guidelines as set out by the Government of Ireland.
Tourism Industry Partners
Covid-19 Grants/Incentives/Supports Available to Businesses
Local Enterprise Office,
Town Hall, Crowe Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth
Tel No: 1890 202 303
ReStart Grant Plus: details and application forms are available online at: https://www.louthcoco.ie/en/covid-19/business-re-start-grant/
Updated information on the range of Covid-19 business supports is available at: https://www.localenterprise.ie/response
Applications for LEO business supports should be emailed to: email@example.com
Economic Development Unit,
Louth County Council, Town Hall, Crowe Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth
Tel No: 1890 202 303
Shop Front Improvement Grant Scheme: details and application forms are available online at: https://www.louthcoco.ie/en/services/economic-development/business-incentive-schemes-retail-prospectus/shopfront-improvement-grant-scheme-application-and-guidelines.pdf
Applications can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday 20th November, 2020.
Failte Ireland Covid-19 Business Support Hub
Details of supports available to the Tourism Sector including financial recovery, business liquidity, operational management guidelines along with practical tips, checklists and a series of videos to help businesses move from its current ‘closed’ position to active trading is available online at:
Fáilte Ireland’s COVID-19 Adaptation Fund:
Fáilte Ireland’s COVID-19 Adaptation Fund has been designed to help support tourism businesses, through grants of between €500 and €15,000, to make either the structural adaptations required for fixed, visitor-facing premises, or to cover the costs of things such as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) or sanitiser for those businesses which provide a visitor experience but do not have significant visitor-facing premises.
To qualify for Fáilte Ireland’s COVID-19 Adaptation Fund, eligible businesses must comply fully with Fáilte Ireland’s Guidelines for Re-opening and have completed the Fáilte Ireland COVID-19 Safety Charter.
The deadline for applications has been extended until 31st October 2020. For more information on the Fund and to check if your business is eligible to apply, visit www.failteireland.ie/covid-19-adaptation-fund
Restart Grant Plus for B&Bs
As part of the July Jobs Stimulus Package, the Government announced funding of up to €8m in Grants to support B&B's impacted by COVID-19. Fáilte Ireland is administering this grant on behalf of the Department of Business Enterprise and Innovation. The grant allocation will assist B&B owners with the costs of re-opening and operating their businesses. Applications for the Restart Grant Plus for B&Bs will be processed in two phases:
Applications for B&Bs under the National Quality Assurance Framework (NQAF), through direct approval by Fáilte Ireland, will open from the 14 September until the 28 October 2020.
Further details on the application process for B&Bs which are not approved under National Quality Assurance Framework (NQAF) will be announced shortly.
To find out more information click here
Coach Tourism Business Continuity Scheme Applications have opened for the Coach Tourism Business Continuity Scheme to help coach tourism businesses to withstand the impact of COVID-19. The scheme is being administered by Fáilte Ireland on behalf of the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation. Closing date for receipt of applications from interested operators is 5 November 2020.
Details of supports available including Covid-19 Business Financial Planning Grant, Sustaining Enterprise Fund & Sustaining Enterprise Fund for Small Enterprises are available online at: https://globalambition.ie/covid-19/
For any queries you may have, email the Business Response Unit at: