WhenFrom: Saturday, 3 June 2023 To: Saturday, 26 August 2023
WhereTown Centre Drogheda Louth
ContactT: +353 41 9833946 Visit Website
Drogheda Urban Art Trail Tours – Embracing our mythological past.
A series of six outdoor murals throughout the town focusing on key figures and moments from Ireland’s mythological past, complemented with an audio tour available via your smartphone.
On the Day: Meet at Droichead Arts Centre, Stockwell Street at 11.50am, pick up your mural map, and meet tour guides: Actress/writer - Grainne Rafferty, and Mythologist, Anthony Murphy. Then, take a stroll throughout Drogheda and listen to the mythological stories behind the murals!
When: Every Saturday at 12pm from 3rd June to 26th August.
Cost: 10 per person - Limited Availability, advance booking essential.
- Étaín, the heroine of Tochmarc Étaíne, one of the oldest and richest stories of our Mythological Cycle on Meat Market Lane is by Nina Valkhoff, a painter/muralist from Rotterdam.
- Fionn MacCumhaill and the Salmon of Knowledge by artist Ciarán Dunlevy, from Drogheda on the Fitzwilliam Court building in Dyer St.
- Boann, Godess of the Boyne by Lula Goce (Spain), at Abbey Lane.
- Dagda, the leader of the Tuatha Dé Danann has taken pride of place on Laurence St and is by Muralist/Painter Russ, from France.
- Amergin by AERO, also from France the story of Ireland’s famous bard, poet and judge of the Milesians. This mural can be seen at Drogheda Port beside Goodwood Fuels.
- The Morrígan on Patrick St by This Is Friz, an artist currently based in Bangor, Co. Down
Visit Website (above) for more information and to book tickets.